Friday, November 14, 2008

Anne E. Dunwoody Becomes First Four-Star General in U.S. Military History

You may not think this has nothing to do with politics, but you can honestly sit there and tell me that the military, especially that high doesn't involve a lot of politics. Not only that if she didn't know how to play the politics that she would of gotten that high. Not to say she didn't deserve it, but she didn't hurt herself knowing what she was doing.

Anne E. Dunwoody has climbed the Army chain of command to become the U.S. military’s first woman to ever achieve the rank of four-star general.



Speaking at a promotion ceremony on Friday Dunwoody reflected on her time in the Army and accomplishment achieved saying, “Thirty-three years after I took the oath as a second lieutenant, I have to tell you this is not exactly how I envisioned my life unfolding. Even as a young kid, all I ever wanted to do was teach physical education and raise a family.”



Dunwoody continued, “It was clear to me that my Army experience was just going to be a two-year detour en route to my fitness profession. So when asked, `Ann, did you ever think you were going to be a general officer, to say nothing about a four-star?' I say, `Not in my wildest dreams.”



The 55-year-old Dunwoody spoke as a standing-room only crowd at the Washington auditorium witnessed history. Among those in attendance were Dunwoody’s father, Hal Dunwoody, who served in WWII, the Korean War and Vietnam and her husband, Criag Brotchie, who spent 26 years in the Air Force.



High-ranking members of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines were also in attendance.

No comments: